This week I love...

Friday... It came really quickly this week. The week just whizzed by. Well, obviously I'm glad that happens sometimes. I had a short day today and have been able to spend time at home. It was the perfect day to finish early as it was such a beautiful day as well. Sunny but also a bit chilly. And now it's gone dark so I'm counting Christmas lights again. I'm trying to see how many people have put up their lights already. That way I can find out when it's "acceptable" to put up my lights. Ha hah!! Have you already put up your lights? I've seen quite a few decorative lights up in windows, inside those gorge little zinc houses and lanters etc. in other blogs. So, we're getting close to the right time...

If you're wondering why the panda is here, it's simply because it is insanely cute. Something lovely and cute to further cheer up your Friday.

Let's move onto this week's favourites then. The Christmas party advice will concentrate on accessories today and there's also an easy way to update one very traditional Christmas decoration.

So, let's get cracking... In at number one...

1. My new cushion cover from H&M Home's Christmas collection came and yes, I have already put it on the sofa. It's my first and only Christmas related item that I have out. So far... :) I saw it in a magazine, Maalaisunelma, if I remember correctly and also in another blog and I just had to have it. The jute fabric brings a bit of roughness but the white text really softens it.

Here's a picture of it, the H&M way (left) and then on my sofa (right). I also have that faux fur throw in the picture and they do look good together... Maybe I should take some styling tips from Hans Blomquist who styles the Home pictures. It's on my bed at the moment but I might bring it over to the living room for the festive season. Yes, I think I'll do that. :)


2. I think I'll continue with the Christmas theme and show you this week's party pieces. Before next week's grand finale, the dresses, we're doing accessories this week... I've picked five different sets that have a pair of party heels, a cute little bag and a matching piece of jewellery. I only used high street shoes and bags so everyone could afford it. The jewellery is a mix of high street and some pricier pieces. My own style and taste is very matchy, matchy, especially if I'm going to a party so the combinations are based on different colour themes.

You'll find the stores/labels below the pictures... if I know them. Some of the pictures are from Pinterest and the original source can be difficult to track sometimes... All the accessory pictures are from the high street store websites and the jewellery can be found on my Pinterest board My jewellery box.

Which party look is for you?

CLASSIC LADYLIKE IN BLACK AND GOLD

Bangle - Kate Spade, Shoes - Zara, Clutch - Gina Tricot
 
 CHRISTMAS CAN ONLY BE CELEBRATED IN RED...

Shoes - Zara, Bag - H&M, Earrings - Etsy

EVERYONE PALES IN COMPARISON TO THIS NUDE FAN

Necklace - ?, Shoes - Mango , Clutch - Zara
 
THE TRENDY BURGUNDY GIRL

Shoes - H&M, Clutch - Zara, Earrings - H&M

FUNKY WITH NEON ACCENTS 

Shoes, Necklace and Bag - all H&M
3. I love it when there's fresh flowers in the house. This time of year, you don't have them as often as you do in the summer. Until you get closer to Christmas at which point everyone coming to visit brings a pot of some sort of flower. I chose some winter time favourites and funnily enough all the pictures have the white colour in them.

I have to say my own personal favourite is still the hyacinth. That smell is just full of memories. I think I'll try them in a vase this year instead of a pot. It looks beautiful this way...




4. I think it's time we get back to the reason why I write this blog - interiors. Again, the Swedes, have provided this week's interior inspiration. In this particular apartment my favourite features are the chequered floor in the kitchen (always a winner in my book), the gorgeous wallpapers in the bedroom and behind the dining table and the mix of designer chairs around the table in the living room.






5. This week's quick DIY tip involves a traditional Scandinavian Christmas decoration and a can of spray paint. This decorative straw goat could be found in most homes not so long ago. I have vivid memories of my childhood Christmases and I remember everyone having one of these. However, I think not many homes have them anymore. Including mine.

But when I saw this updated black version, I thought, why not?! So, if I can find one, I'll definitely give it a coat of paint and bring back the tradition. Would you bring this to your home?!

That's it for this week!! Any weekend plans? I have a lot of crafting to do so expect updates on my progress...
Enjoy and relax!!!


Comments

Popular Posts