This week I love...

Oh, the shopping trip yesterday was amazing. Even though I didn't even do that much shopping. :) However, I did get plenty of ideas and inspiration. I'll share them with you soon in a series of separate posts. So, look out for that with some great Christmas present ideas as well.

I feel like I've had Friday off for weeks now. Today was yet another Friday that I've had for myself. Been cleaning half the day and now I need to use my visual eye and make the house look beautiful for some relatives that are coming over tomorrow. Yay! Can't wait!!!

Let's get this list going and over with. This week...

1. I am obsessed with everything Moroccan inspired. I don't know how it started or why (I've never been to Morocco, for example) but nowadays I seem to be drawn to anything and everything that has a Moroccan feel to it - textiles, lanterns, tables... So, what better way to kick off the week than a collage of some of my favourite pictures from my Pinterest boards. Here goes... Take a minute to admire the most stunning Moroccan environment I've ever seen in the middle pictures.



 
2. Christmas time is all about traditions. We like to eat the same foods, celebrate it in the same place, use the same decorations etc. And when it comes to Christmas I'm all for these traditions as well. However, I do like a bit of change so I thought I'd show you some new ideas on how to display your Christmas baubles this year. I already have quite a big selection of baubles and not all of them can fit in the tree so I like to dot them around the house too. These ideas are very simple to do but will break the tradition just that little bit... All pictures are from Pinterest.
 
How about hanging a Christmas bauble chandelier above the table...
 
 
Or grouping together similar baubles in front of a window for bigger effect. And to show off to the neighbours...


 
Or why don't you just pick your favourites, hang them on a branch and put somewhere everyone can see them as soon as they come in


 
3. A Scandinavian winter is cold!! It may not be cold yet but we all know that'll happen sooner or later. And when it's cold, you want to be as warm as possible. For this purpose, there's something amazing... Warm, fuzzy and soft fur throws and sheepskins are very popular around this time of year. The white Ikea sheepskin is probably the one that most people go for as it's the cheap option but if you have a little big extra, make a trip to Adalmiinan Helmi and you can buy the most stunning sheepskin. I was there yesterday and saw some gorgeous sheepskins in different shades of grey. Prices start somewhere around 50€ and believe me if I'd had any extra cash I would have gotten one. They were beautiful!!! Here's some interior inspiration from Pinterest on the versatility of these gorgeous winter warmers...
 
 
4. My hair is at that in between phase. Meaning it's not the short bob I had cut at the beginning of the summer anymore but it's not quite long either. So, I'm a little stuck on hair ideas in the mornings. When it was shorter I could just leave it open and it looked fine. And though I love it at that length I somehow can't see myself cutting my hair that short for winter. It's a summer thing for me.
 
So, now I have to keep this shoulder length, not short-not long hair. Luckily, I found this cool twist hairstyle from Pinterest. I remember having my hair like this in the 90s. And though most things that come back from the 80s and 90s are quite ridiculous, I think this one has stood the test of time rather well.
 
The best part - it's really easy to do. Tie your hair on a ponytail but leave the tie a bit lower than usual. Then part the hair above the tie and twist your ponytail around and put it through/inside the parting. That's it!! Simple but really pretty! Also, perfect for all those Christmas parties.
 
 
5. This year I'm going to try my Christmas flowers in new ways. For example I'm dreaming of hyacinths in a vase instead of a pot and the same goes for amaryllis. Have a look at these two pictures I found on Pinterest of different ways to work with this stunning flower. I love the pink and dark ones in the vase. How will you display your flowers this year?!
 
 
Hey, that was it for this week. Have a great weekend! I'm really looking forward to it and cannot wait to spend some quality time with friends and family. Enjoy!!!


Comments

Popular Posts